Friday, July 24, 2009

A day in the life

I've been studying for my CPA test a lot lately. I've also found that it is much harder to study at home than it is to study at, say, a coffeeshop. Why is that? Well, for one, I can't really organize anything much at the coffeeshop. My room has been cleaned more often since I've started studying for the CPA exam than I think it ever has been cleaned. I also find that it's pertinent I give myself a pedicure at home, or a facial, or a bath... things that would not be possible at a coffeeshop. In addition, I especially love going to Starbucks to study because one has to pay for internet there still (gosh, what is this? The 20th century or something???). And since I am broke and cheap, I choose to operate sans internet while there, making Facebook visits impossible, making blogging impossible, making amazon.com and postsecret.com visits impossible. (Although danger is lurking on the horizon since I have a BlackBerry now...) Therefore, all of the aforementioned factors combined make it all the more possible for me to be efficient at a coffeeshop. However, today I didn't feel like getting dressed up or doing my makeup until I go and have drinks with Erin and watch The Ugly Truth down at Southcenter... which is making studying a hassle. I've done some, but I could have accomplished this in about two hours at Starbucks, where here it's taken me about 4 of 5 hours. What have I been doing, you may ask. Well, I facebooked. I am blogging, for crying out loud. I walked my dog. I played with my dog. I thought about New Moon a lot. That book made me so depressed last night. I did some stretches while watching the news. You know, really important things that just HAD to be done.

Bah.

Well, I have about 3.5 hours left of studying so I should get back to it.

I also wanted to mention that I would LOVE to move to Europe right now.

No comments: