Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hello, Weekend.

Buenas tardes a todos. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend, and didn't get your phone chargers chewed up by little doggies named Jasmine :-) Sorry about that one, mom... she's a good dog, I swear!

This weekend was pretty fun and productive. I had a good time. We stayed in Sevilla, and this was actually my LAST weekend here. Que triste. How sad. We went out on Thursday night to Buddha and danced the night away... well I only stayed until about 3 am, which is still early here seeing as there was still a line of Spaniards waiting to get in when I was leaving... but it was fun, danced to American music obviously though. Oh well. It was a fun celebration for the end of midterms and a new President-elect. WOOHOO.

On Friday I bummed around all morning on the computer doing research for my Finance presentation, which is looking pretty sharp if I don't say so myself... and then later in the day I met up with some girls to do a little shopping, which was fun. I got a really cute shirt that's black and turtle neck style with lace up at the top, and I knew it was something my senora would like so when I got home I was like "Oh take a look at this cute shirt I got..." and she obviously was in love with it, and just in case any one was doubting how much of a bitch Maria, her daughter is... read on.

So, my senora loved this shirt so much she was like, Oh Maria come here and look at this shirt, I can get you one just like it. And Maria obviously doesn't come in the room, so we walk to her in the living room. Maria loves purple, so I say "Yes, they have purple ones like this too, with long sleeves or short sleeves. It's only 15 euro," and Maria just looks at the shirt and goes "Olivia, did you try that on? It looks so big." I'm thinking in my mind WHAT A BITCH!!! RAAAAH! But I was like, "Oh yeah I tried it, it's only a medium..." awkwardness ensues. But she obviously didn't say she liked it at all, but deep down inside I know she liked and was jealous I found it first, haha. I'll go with that one.

So anyway, I stayed in on Friday night and took it easy. Went to bed around 11:30 and slept in until 9:30 on Saturday. I was impressed with myself. I continued being productive on the finance project research, and then Jenni, Stephen, Brett, and I went to a cafe to study some more. I just read for econ and marketing... and drank delicious Hot Cocoa with Caramel from Starbies :-) It was funny, I ordered it and it was pretty gosh darn hot yesterday, so the barista was like Caliente? Estas segura? I was like Oh you have no idea, I've been craving this for a while.

After studying for a few hours, we went and got Kebabs, which were truly what I wanted for dinner. My senora was gone all day so she left me my dinner, and I knew I wasn't excited for it... Tortilla Espanola... just like every night it feels like! Haha, so when I got home I warmed up the tortilla and cut it up and gave it to Lola, the dog, so my senora wouldn't think I was rude or not eating or something. But really, I get bored of the tortilla, and it isn't my favorite. It's good, though... I love the salad :-) I get that pretty often.

Anyway, we went out last night for Kareem's birthday bash and that was fun. We were going to go to Abril but they wanted us to pay 20 euros to get in!! It's ridiculous. The people in front of us went in for free!! But they know we're Americans and haters. So we didn't go there, we went to Calle Betis instead... where we had a lot of fun, but still couldn't get in to Boss, another club over there... it was a "private party" aka they didn't want to share with Americans. I hate that about this place, people are so rude and exclusive. But oh well, bars are fun too. We met some guys from Vancouver, actually, and one of them is like way obsessed with the Seahawks so that was cool. And anyway, we ended up making it home by 5 am... I know, ridiculous.

Today I am taking it easy and doing some more work on my presentation. That's about it! I know, super exciting...

I'll have more awesome entries in the coming weekends when I actually do cool things :-)

Cheers,

Olivia

No comments: