While I do love Spain and all of the new cultural experiences I have been having here, nothing beats the comforts of home. I tried watching The Holiday earlier but my computer was having a spazz attack, therefore I have given up on that for now and resulted to a blog. I have studied all day for my midterms this week, so thus far I am getting A's in International Marketing and European Economy as I know those two subjects inside and out. International Finance is still in progress, and I haven't even started studying for my Arab Studies class. Oh well. A few things have been on my mind... like those aforementioned comforts of home.
I can't wait for...
- taking a HOT shower that's hot for more than two minutes.
- taking a HOT shower with a shower head that I don't have to hold.
- taking a HOT shower with real water pressure. None of this water trickling nonsense.
- peppermint hot chocolates
- driving my car
- walking my dog in the park in the rain and wind :-)
- sleeping on my soft mattress
- my own room
- feeling comfortable lounging on the couch with my feet up :-)
- eating cereal for breakfast without being judged (SeƱora: "You should have a tostada, a real Spanish breakfast"... Me: "Oh, no gracias, a mi me gusta los cereales... estoy acostumbrada comerlos...")
- eating dinner before 10 pm
- drinking more tea and coffee during the day
- using my personalized Starbucks Coffee tumbler
- Free WiFi at Tullys and Cafe on the Ave
- Alki beach on chilly days
- starting classes in January... real classes
- seeing all of my friends again
- Christmas at my sister's house on the 24th of December
- heaters
- wearing a sweatshirt and having it be considered normal
- the IMA
- being reunited with my mommy and my Jasmine, of course
- Peter... hehe.
- seeing Lia before she goes to Italy
- hanging out with Amanda :-) probably in between classes, haha.
- grocery stores that are open 24 hours a day and DON'T close for siesta
- stores in general being open during "siesta hours" or between 1 and 5...
- stores being open on Sundays
- cheaper coffee at Starbucks
- using the metro oddly enough
- walking downtown
- seeing people be productive and efficient with their time, unlike many many many Spaniards
- nicer customer service
- being in Seattle again :/
Maybe it's just because I've been bored today, but I can't wait to be home!! I went to study at Starbucks with some friends and it reminded me of back home and studying with my Seattle friends... 7 weeks, 7 weeks. Lots more fun times to come in Spain, though :-)
Cheers,
Olivia
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I start counting down...7 weeks will go by fast!!!
Miss you, your BFF :D
Post a Comment