It's the weirdest thing - it's like they know it's Sunday and they should stop all barking. Usually I come up the stairs and our hallway is really dark so I turn the lights on and I swear, every single dog from every single apartment starts barking. But yesterday... not a sound. I don't know if people take their dogs out all day on Sundays or what, but it was kind of trippy and threw me off a little bit.
Anyways, I had a good weekend overall - I walked a lot because I think we end up taking the longest ways possible to everywhere - slash - we walk past where we're supposed to go and then have to turn around and walk back. Both days Jenna, Lolita, and I went to Starbucks and we met up with Zach and Katy there to do work. We had to interview random people about the euro and what they think about it, and well... let's just say nobody here likes the euro. I met a really nice older lady named Maria Carmen who happened to be an economist so she actually appreciated the euro and what it WILL do for Spain, but still doesn't like it. We talked for like a half hour just about her travels to New York and what I'm doing here and good places to eat and all of that. Very sweet lady. Besos on the cheek afterwards, of course, like every espaƱol person here. We got tired of scoping people out to interview, so we walked around the mall and went to Bershka, Zara, and Pull & Bear since we have to research those stores for an essay that is due on Thursday. I just ended up writing it on Saturday since I was unmotivated to ask strangers about the euro and I didn't want to work on my project... that I'm presenting tomorrow... That was Saturday. On Sunday when we went to find some more people to interview, and we asked this random lady with two kids and then these two guys that were getting drunk waiting for the Sevilla-Betis futbol game to start. They offered us beer and sandwiches, but we said no thank you we just need a young person's opinion about the euro... and they helped us with that.
On Saturday night we went out for a little bit and hung out with some people from the group, and met up with Lolita's intercambio Kata and some of her Spanish friends. We wanted to go to a discoteca but we got rejected because one of the guys we were with wasn't dressed up enough. Seriously, you're in Europe going out on a Saturday. Please don't wear a soccer jersy. Guys were hecka dressed up, like in vests and irons pants and all. Impressive. So instead of dancing the night away, I slept the night away which was also fine by me.
I had a very relaxing Sunday. Just worked on my essay and then later in the day I went with Jenna to facebook stalk for a little bit. Afterwards, I went and had the BEST time at one of my favorite little cafes here that serves absolutely amazing coffee. I went by myself and read my Thomas Friedman book for an hour since I haven't had time to touch it since I've been here, and then I went to the little church right next to the cafe for mass. And I did NOT expect to see a glamorous looking inside, just by looking at the outside, but wow, it had this really beautiful gold alter with paintings and nice white columns on the outskirts of the aisles. Muy bonito. After that, I just went home and starved a little until dinner, which by the by, was at 10:30 pm if anyone cares.
Today, we got our tests back that we took on Friday. I got an 8,6 out of 10, which I'd say is good for being in the advanced class AND going out to the intercambio fiesta on the night before the test... ay ay ay. After class, I went down to El Palacio to chat with Antonio the professor about our presentation that's tomorrow to make sure we had a good idea and it would be okay to present... and he liked it (which is cool because I made it up, haha). Since then, I've just been working on the presentation and I just have to write out my lines and practice a little bit before going to bed.
Also as a side note, it rained today and it was a little windy and I loved every minute of it. We happened to be walking from El Palacio to our casas, so my hair is poofy, but it was worth it. It was nice to not be sweating while walking and feeling like I'm having hotflashes all day, haha. I also had a peach today and it was very sweet and delicious :-)
Alright, back to my presentation. No more procrastination.
Cheers,
Olivia
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment