Bueno, although it's late I couldn't pass up the opportunity to write about the first time I've been cold since I've been here. I went out with Lolita, Brett, and Matt to get tapas... at like 9 pm of course, and walking back home at 11 I was freezing!! I haven't felt cold in a week, I'm always in hotflash mode. Especially jogging yesterday. I went at 4 pm... not a good idea. The sun was beaming down on me, I was running at the park where there's a bit of shade, but not enough, random people obviously yell at you. Morena, que linda, estoy enamorado... yeah, typical. I don't know how girls here handle that... like, I know they're not even being serious, I think for them it's like a second nature reaction when they see a girl to say that and stare at you blatantly, but it just throws me off and I feel awkward, like I want to smack them in the face. But anyway, point of the story is I was cold today!!!!
Today was also the second day of class. We already have so much work, and this is only my two week Spanish class! What will happen when I have four classes!!! NO LIFE! Haha, but it's Sevilla, entonces I will have a life. Cafe con leche... yum. One of my assignments for class this week (one of SEVERAL) is to go to El Corte Ingles, that department store, and observe the shoppers and the employees and the products and services and all of that... and compare it with that of Walmart! I think that might be fun. I am going tomorrow to do that, and for about a half hour I'll be dressed really nice and ask for help and stuff at the fancy places, and then go home and change (since my house is ten minutes walking distance everywhere) into my crappy work out stuff or something and go and do the same thing and see how the customer service changes. Interesting, eh? We also have to interview random people about their opinions about the euro this week, which will most definitely be awkward. But my professor is very cool, very entertaining. He is the guy I wrote about a while ago, the one I had my oral exam with. He is very smart and out there and when he speaks in English, it's British English, but with a Spanish accent so it's just so funny when he talks in English to translate something for us. I'm excited for school to start - we have class for three hours a day, but it doesn't even feel like that long. We're constantly doing something and there is no down time and we're learning all this business lexicon... which, I have to say, I'm glad I took business Spanish before I came because I definitely have an advantage over everyone else :-) We have a test on Friday already, and one next Friday, and then that Monday we start regular session. I'm signed up for International Marketing, Managing Cultural Diversity, European Economy, and a history class about the International Relations of Modern Day Europe... but they use the term modern loosely to mean between the 16th and 18th centuries.
Anyways, I will write more later about my fabulous experiences. I think it's bed time now, class in the morning!
Cheers,
Olivia
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment