This is a clip from the night we went to go watch the Flamenco dancers. Video taping was strictly prohibited :-) Oops... rules were made to be broken :-)
This next video is hilarious. The crosswalks here count down how much time you have to walk... and just see what happens when time is almost out. I laugh every single time I cross the street, it is so ingenius.
In other news, today was the last day of my Intensive Spanish class. We had our final exam today and I barely studied for that thing and I know I did well. I just forgot the word for "smuggling" in Spanish, but I don't think I ever knew it in the first place so I don't feel so bad. We had to write out sentences with words in them and my sentences were so amazing, I can just feel it, haha. After the test, me, Jenni, and Danielle went to Plaza Nervion for a little bit of shopping. I tried on a bunch of stuff but resisted temptation to actually buy the stuff. I might go back in a bit today to try on the shoes of my dreams that I wrote about earlier. I'm super bummed out because they were on sale last week for 90 euro and now they are 115 euro :-( I'll have to try them on to see how much I really do love them. But it was love at first sight... or perhaps, lust at first sight and now I have to get to know them better to see if I actually love them :-) I also really want a new pair of glasses because the frames they have here are so chic and amazingly stylish and beautiful, and not too expensive... until I accidentally went into the Prada and Gucci section where the price was substantially higher and way out of my price range. So, I think that's on my list of things to buy while I'm here. They have super cute boots, too, and perhaps a jacket for winter. I saw a really nice white one today that would go well with jeans and the shoes of my dream that I just mentioned :-) Ay ay ay, but I don't have the guts to start spending my money yet because I know that once I start it'll just get easier to buy things, and I also want to make sure that I can fit everything back into my luggage :-)
Anyway, a bunch of people from our group are going to Lagos for the weekend (in Portugal) but me and Jenna, Danielle, and Matt are staying in Sevilla to be tourists since we didn't get to last week. A beach is a beach to me, and I'd rather spend my money to go actually see something cool besides blue water. I've been to Hawaii, I've seen blue water. Not super exciting. I kind of want to go to Lisbon in Portugal, but for now let's think about what this weekend will be like. No homework whatsoever since classes start on Monday :-) Tonight we are going to a discoteca and tomorrow is the big day when we plan on getting super cuted up and go out. Tonight's more about just chillin, dancing un poquito. I went on a jog yesterday for over an hour and my legs are hurting a bit, so the dancing part may be difficult, but I'll do it anyway because I absolutely love the discotecas here. So, that's that. I know, what an exciting life we lead here in EspaƱa. I'm really excited for my classes next week. Being out of the US during all of these crazy things happening with the market makes me miss being able to talk about it and hear about it and all, but I read the WSJ to find out my gossip, haha. I am really bummed out about WaMu. But alas, although the financial market is turning upside down and twisting every which way, I will still hopefully have a job when I get back to Seattle. Mark, the partner at KPMG I interviewed with, wrote to me the other day and told me they hadn't forgetten about me since I'm in Spain and that he can't wait to send me an "official" letter and he thinks I'd fit in perfectly with the company. I know they have to say that last part, but really... he didn't have to say any of it at all, so it was a nice confidence booster. Being gone from accounting majors, I realize I know a lot more about accounting than I realized since I was the one in class explaining what bond amortization means. I'm the only accounting major here, so that's kind of rough. Haha, no hermits I can be friends with :-) Just kidding. But anyway, I think I want to go out and get a cup of coffee and read my Thomas Friedman book. No jogging today probably, but definitely tomorrow morning.
Cheers,
Olivia
1 comment:
I am going to petition that we get those traffic light thingys here in ireland, it would make crossing the road much more fun
Post a Comment