Today was a mild disappointment, but only a mild one. Jenna, Danielle, Matt, and I had plans to go tour Sevilla and all, but it turns out that it rains in Sevilla sometimes. Sometimes for more than fifteen minutes of a light mist... I went on a jog this morning for about five minutes... once I got to the park the downpour came and I ran back home as quickly as I could. I was not in the mental mindset to be running in the rain.
So, instead of going touristing, we did some shopping at the Plaza Nervion. I finally tried on my beautiful shoes and walked around in them and that infatuation feeling turned into true love and I just had to buy them right then and there. I am very excited to wear them, and I think it was a good purchase. After walking around and sitting at a cafe for a bit, the four of us parted ways to go home for lunch. I had this really good chicken that was cooked in some kind of "secret family sauce" of my señora's. It was delicious. With a side of my favorite salad of course - with olive and vinegar oil and some salt sprinkled on top. Who knew something so simple could be so grand :-)
I spent a majority of the afternoon reading my Thomas Friedman book and siesta-ing. My nap was nice today. Afterwards, I went shopping by myself a little more to the centro and that was a workout! Holy crap I think I tried on half of the clothes in all of the stores I went to. I love the clothes here, they are very chic and very my style. But, alas, I thought rationally while shopping and couldn't justify spending money on all of those things. I did get some jeans, though, and a nice purple button up since a few of the jeans I brought have a hard time staying on my hips... which can be seen as a good thing, I think :-) We'll see how much thinner I get in three months!! Haha.
Tonight will be much different than last night. I will be staying in and trying to finish reading Thomas' book because Jenna, Danielle, Matt, and I decided to start a little "Club de Libros," or a so called Book Club, and we bought a book called La Princesa De Hielo that we will all be reading and discussing. That will be exciting, great way to improve the español!! Last night was very interesting. Crazy Spaniards. The disco was pretty fun, but all of the ones we've been to so far have been outdoors - this one was indoors and I knew I wasn't in Seattle anymore. People were smoking cigarrettes and we got pretty lightheaded so we left at around 2 am instead of dancing till dawn which is what I really wanted to do.
That's that. Cheers,
Olivia
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment