Today was school day #1 of two and a half month's worth of classes. It was a success. A little intimidating in the morning walking into the building with all of the native speakers, but all of my classes are with Americans so that isn't bad. I almost wish I took some regular University courses... my advisor here said I should be in them since my Spanish is good, haha. That was a nice confidence boost. I had International Marketing today and International Relations in Modern Europe (aka not so modern 16th to 18th centuries, but we'll let that one slide...). I loved that International Relations class, but it may get cancelled since not so many people signed up for it, which would be a major bummer.
I also went on a run today which was really nice and I felt way in shape because I ran with Brett and I wasn't as tired as he was, haha. I finished Hot, Flat, and Crowded as well, so my romance with Thomas Friedman is over less his articles through the New York Times. I will begin tonight a book in Spanish called La Princesa de Hielo. Let's see how that goes.
I still am missing everyone in Seattle. It's always in the back of my mind, but I'm having a blast here. I really wish everyone could experience this - it's challenging at times but oh so rewarding and so much fun! The people are awesome and the culture and language immersion is quite the learning experience... and we all know how much I love learning. I even watched a documentary today on the History Channel about vampires in Spanish and I could follow a great majority of it :-)
Cheers,
Olivia
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment