Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day Uno

Day One. Wow, it's hot. I took a shower and got out, and felt like I needed another one right away. The flights over to Sevilla were quite trying. I read my Thomas Friedman book almost the entire time, took a short nap, and read my Shape and Business Week magazines front to back, every article. Oh, and did I mention the terrible turbulence we had about half of the time we were up there? Yeah, that was not fun at all. It felt like a rollercoaster.

At the Madrid airport, I found my way to my gate no problem with my broken Spanish :-) Good news, all of those years of Spanish were good for something! I met five other students in the program while we were waiting there for the flight - they are all really cool, I think this is a good group of people. I met most of the rest of them when we got in to Sevilla during lunch. We're all going to take a look around the town in a bit. Sevilla so far is really beautiful. The taxi ride over almost gave me a heart attack though. The streets are SO narrow it seemed like the sides of our car would scrape the houses we passed to get to the hotel. This hotel is AMAZING. Super fancy, not what I expected.

And of course, I overpacked. I have way too many things and I hated dragging it all around into the hotel. I felt like Paris Hilton or someone, except for I didn't have anybody carrying my luggage for me. I had to do it all myself! I hate living out of my suitcase and I can't wait to get to my family homestay so that I can just make the room my own. I hope they have a dog, haha. I miss my Jassy. And my mom and friends, of course... yeah.

Well, I'm sure there will be much more in store. I'm off to run some errands, hopefully get a SIM card for my cell phone that works here without charging me ridiculous amounts of money... and of course, see the sights and take some pictures! I'm really excited :-)

2 comments:

MOMager said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mo W. said...

Sangria. You must have good sangria in Sevilla.