Well, I don't know what to make of the past few days. There are ups and downs, and I think netted together it's an overal positive outcome... but gosh, those negatives are really major downers.
So, the other day started off on a great foot (no pun intended, as you will soon see...). I got on Skype at 7 am and FINALLY I got to talk to this boy that I like a whole lot and miss very very much. But I was set on jogging before class, so I left to go on a run and well, let's just say I didn't get very far. It was still a little dark in the park I run at so while I was running, I didn't notice a rock that was in my path. A rock that I stepped on. And made me fall. The first thought that ran through my head: "Holy crap, I am getting mugged right now. Bye, bye iPod." Well, I layed there on the ground hurting for a good minute or so waiting for my ankle to stop hurting... but it didn't stop. So I toughed it out and got up and limped home and continued to talk with Peter which made me feel so much better. But my ankle still ached. And still aches, actually. And, if that wasn't a bad enough start to the day, I go to take a shower and there is NO hot water and No water pressure coming out of the shower head. Not happy.
So, that was the beginning of my day. Later in the day, Brett and I have this fabulous class about International Relations and it gets cancelled because essentially the teacher does not want to teach the class because there were only five students in the class. So, that was another downer. But, things turned around. Brett and I went to the Feria to eat some kangaroo and have a Corona because at this point I just really needed something to indulge in. It was delicious. We then spent the next 2 or 3 hours walking around the Plaza de España and Parque de Maria Luisa snapping photos. We walked in on the practice of the military marching band and whole festivities that will be going on on Monday I believe for the Dia de Hispanidad - it's a national holiday here. So, we watched that and took pictures and stuff. I also saw DAF truck number 2, which was cool. The plaza was absolutely beautiful :-) It was built in 1929 for this Exhibition to show off the architecture and technology of Spain and now it's just a governmental building I think. Absolutely stunning.
Yesterday wasn't so bad, but my ankle still hurt... and it still continues to hurt. I have it wrapped in a bandage. My finance teacher was 10 minutes late to class. He then spent the next 20 minutes on his cell phone chatting. He let us out about 15 minutes early. I can't wait to get back home and have real classes. The classes here are jokes, and people actually think they are hard... in addition to boring. Me? I think they are interesting but the material is too easy. Much too basic. But I love school, soooo that puts me in a minority.
Last night I got some hot cocoa with Jenni, Lauren, and Jenna. It was without a doubt the best hot chocolate I have ever had in my entire life. I want to take it with me to Seattle!!! Starbucks has nothing on this little coffee place. Another low point, though, was my señora's granddaughter spent the night last night and cried for about half the night which was super fun to wake up to every few hours. This morning I tried washing my hair. In cold water, again, of course. Horrible water pressure, but doable. I lather my hair with shampoo. Turn the water back on. OH! Of course there is absolutely NO water that comes out save one small little trickle... so I spent the next ten minutes getting the shampoo out of my hair with that one little tricklet of cold water. Seriously, amazing. I hate that bathtub. I have a bruise from slipping in it last week, also. I am quite clumsy. And I'm breaking slowly. My throat has been a ltitle scratchy lately so I have been taking airborne. I caved in to taking Advil the other night to stop my ankle pain. My bruise hurts. I have mosquito bites AND little scars from where they are still healing. I am a wreck!!! Haha.
This weekend will be a lot of fun, though. It's a four day weekend because of that national holiday. On Friday Jenna and I are doing the Real Alcazar. Saturday we are taking a daytrip to a town called Jerez... it's a cute little beach town. On Sunday we are going to the Corrida de Toros... aka the bullfights. And I believe on Monday we will just head down to the Plaza de España to see all of the festivities of the day. I'll post pictures and videos later. This has turned into a novel, I'm sorry.
Cheers, hugs, and kisses,
Olivia
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment