Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Sevillan Saturday

Although I spent all of Saturday in Cádiz, I spent Saturday night in Sevilla. And Sunday morning in Sevilla. And between the night and morning time, I slept almost NADA. Why? you may ask. Sevillans are loud. They sleep during the day and come out at night like vampires. And the adults here act just like the teenagers, it's so funny. I was walking home last night from getting a copa with some friends at MIDNIGHT and there were STILL people leaving their respective apartments to go out. There is this whole row of bars that I pass to get to my house, and it was packed with people and the noise level was through the roof - laughing, talking, singing. All adults. All drinking beers... but not getting drunk, if you know what I mean. It's like when I'm at home and I have a cup of tea... well, they opt for the beer variety of drink. But anyway, at 4 in the morning there were still people outside that would not let me go to sleep and techno music blasting through my window. And I can't close my window - it's still pretty warm at night and I don't want to roast myself into a slow death overnight :-)

BUT besides that, Cádiz was absolutely wonderful yesterday. We walked around with a tour guide and one of his friends for a few hours and that was fun because we could practice our Spanish some more. We saw the Cathedral and some plazas and some squares... stalked a few weddings. The brides look absolutely gorgeous here. And did you know Spain is the number one producer of wedding gowns in the world? Awesome. Looks like I'll be flying back here to get mine if my time ever comes.

After our official tour, Jenni, Danielle, and I walked around this castillo that was actually used in the James Bond movie, Die Another Day. But it was really pretty. If I had to do it again, I'd lose the skirt and wear some pants because it was WINDY. Not good for my stress level, haha. Don't want anyone to sneak a peak! But yes, after we touristed the castle, we went and sat at a coffeeshop and had some ice cream and after a while some cafe just because it was a nice day and we thought we'd indulge. It was really nice - those are my favorite times, just sitting and chatting at the street side cafe and taking in all the beautiful sights.

Today I am not doing much - went to church at the Cathedral and they actually used the organs this time. It was a very beautiful mass - longer than usual, though. And I was tired since I got zero sleep. Ay ay ay.

I'll leave you with some photos from the past few days.

Cheers, hugs, and kisses - Olivia.
























1 comment:

Mo W. said...

I love the picture of the gerbara daisises! My favorites!