This weekend we had four days off instead of our regular three... in the words of Brad Paisley, it was time well wasted. Thursday night we went to Buddah again because that disco rocks... but on the way there we became very lost and it tooks us about an hour to get there. But once we got there, the dancing was on! My intercambio friend Juli said he wasn't going to be there but then he showed up so I got to practice my espaƱol a little bit as well. He's nice, not a creepy guy, and he works for a trucking company so he understands my interest in DAF :-) But yes, it was a fun night full of dancing.
On Friday, we kept it pretty low in Sevilla. I went with Brett to the Palacio to take care of some business and then we went to see the Real Alcazar. I did just a quick tour because I didn't feel so great - my throat hurt and I had a cough and all. I took a few pictures, but I definitely need to go back there to do some more sightseeing. I spent the rest of the day just doing homework and stuff - not too exciting.
On Saturday I went with a group of people to Jerez, a little town about an hour and a half away from Sevilla by train. That was a fun day minus the first few hours... on the train ride, it was pouring rain and there was lightening lighting up the sky. Very ominous, but luckily it cleared up by the time we arrived to Jerez. The sights were great - I love all the cute plazas and fountains. We went to the Real Alcazar there and to the Cathedral, which was gorgeous. I lit a few prayer candles for some special people in my life there and I took a picture of it as proof :-) Afterwards, we did a wine tour of Tio Pepe, which is a very popular wine I guess here. It was very awesome - there's this room that you could have your wedding reception at that was ready for a party later on in the day. It looked classic... if only I lived in Spain! Haha. Anyway, we tried two types of wine - they were delish, I thought.
Saturday night was another crazy night out dancing.
Sunday... meh.
Monday... Laura, Brett, and I went to this cute town called Ronda about 2 hours away by bus. SO ADORABLE! The side streets looked just like Poland in Warsaw where my grandma lives. It left me feeling pretty nostalgic. We also ate churros which are so horrible for your body, but oh so delicious! Ronda is known for this really cool bridge there that is ridiculously large and I can't imagine how it was built but we explored some awesome trails and got great views of it. I'll post pictures later. So those were my events of the weekend and I loved it.
But, the awkward moments of my weekend: always and forever my senora's daughter. I think she hates me, seriously. I asked her about this town called Rota which is a military base because Bre's boyfriend might be stationed there so we were talking about meeting up, so I just asked Maria where it was and she turned so psycho on me! She sat up and looked at me so weird and was like, "Why do you want to know?" and I thought it was like some bad place that no one should talk about or something. And so I tell her my story and she's like, "It's by Cadiz, we have a friend there but there are two sides there, one Spanish and one US. He is on the Spanish side." And I just didn't even pry further. Awkward.
Another awkward moment: I am a clean person, seriously. I clean my room every morning and every evening so that there isn't a mess, and my bathroom is orderly - in my eyes. My senora walks in today and goes, could you keep your bathroom neater? Your room is your room - you can do whatever you want and keep it messy (MESSY?! Lady, do you not see how orderly everything is... like seriously, I have my laptop and a notebook on my desk, all of my books organized on a shelf, but perhaps she was referring to the cup of coffee I had sitting on my desk. I'm sorry that I like to drink my coffee in my room... ugh). But she goes, the bathroom should be neat just in case someone comes over and needs to use the restroom. (To clarify, there are two bathrooms and I have my own here...). But I just said okay I'll keep it nicer. But seriously, it's not messy. I keep my makeup in a bag. I keep all of my face stuff lined up by the mirror. I had a towel on the floor though, for when I get out of the shower so I don't slip or get the floor wet, so I think she was referring to that. UGH. Piss me off. I'm a neat person, I'm a little offended that she thinks my room and bathroom are messy.
Anyway, I had to vent. Yay for a good weekend. Next weekend I'm going to Granada with a bunch of people, there's eight of us going. On Friday we are going to the Alhambra in Granada, the Real Alcazar of all Alcazar's, and on Saturday we are taking a trip into the Sierra Nevada from Granada since it's super close. Three days of class this week.
I want to be home in Seattle with my crappy weather and delicious coffee and my doggy and mom and friends and comfy mattress and Alki beach and pretty campus :-( And real classes where I actually learn things, not these BS classes. I just want my senora to stop silently criticizing me and her daughter to stop being such a weirdo.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment