I can never sleep through the whole night here. I always ALWAYS wake up. But today it doesn't matter too much since I have a 3 hour bus ride ahead of me that I can nap on. I'm going to Granada with a few friends, and I'm very excited for it. This will be my first hostel experience - definitely not my last! Today we are going to see the Alhambra and tomorrow we are hiking in the Sierra Nevadas. Mom, pamietasz te spodnie co od ciebie pozyczylam? Sa luzniejsze!! Wiec wiem ze juz schudlam troszeczke, ale zaloze te spodenki zielone krotkie jutro i tak i tak. Sorry, side note to the parental. We get back on Sunday, and I'm sure I'll have plenty of great stories and photos to relay to you via blogspot.
In other news, life in Sevilla has become fairly routine. Wake up in the morning, way too early for class of course, get ready, eat breakfast with the senora, go to my room, read every article EVER in the Wall Street Journal, go to class, eat lunch, go read some more, go on a walk, starve until dinner time at 10 pm, go to the meeting spot at Corte Ingles, and go to a cafe with friends until about midnightish, and do it all over again the next day. I love Sevilla, it's gorgeous, but once you become a part of the city, it's a different kind of excited that I get to be here. At first, it was like WOW I'm in Spain. Now that I've become accustomed to it, it's life as usual... minus the regularness of life in Seattle. No hard classes at all, although my Arab studies class is immensly thought provoking. I love that class, even though the teacher talks with the BIGGEST Andalucian lisp ever and talks at 100 miles an hour so it's hard to understand him sometimes. I am waiting impatiently for winter quarter schedule to be posted on MyUW, though. I'm ready to be challenged. I sign up for classes on November 7 :-) YAY for first registration day because I'm graduating this year and get priority! That weekend I might be in Madrid, by the way. And it looks like I'm coming home to Seattle a few days earlier (screams of joy for some, I hope) on December 19th. I don't think I could ever live away from Seattle for extended periods of time. If it was for work (like maybe for KPMG's International Rotation program?!!!!) it would be better because I would have more to do. I'm just an anomoly here - I actually want the teachers to give us work so we LEARN more, but I guess it's okay if they don't. I'll learn by myself. Next week I am planning on starting the work on my presentation for finance, my marketing plan for marketing, and a research report for European Economy. That will keep me busy, for sure... although the whole program is going to Morocco next Thursday... I can't wait for that! Shopping, anyone?! :-) Just kidding... well, a little. I'm excited for the bazaars and for the beautiful sights and touristing.
Okay, my insomnia has not gone away yet and I'm not tired still, so here is my attempt to add more pictures. Forgive the ugliness of the layout.
Okay, my insomnia has not gone away yet and I'm not tired still, so here is my attempt to add more pictures. Forgive the ugliness of the layout.
Cheers,
Olivia
.


No comments:
Post a Comment