One week of school down... three months to go. I think I will really like my classes, especially my finance class because it seems like it will be the toughest one... but still easy. Right now, I'm really wishing I took some regular University courses. When I'm not challenged, I get bored. When I'm bored, I'm not as motivated... But anyway, I know I will love that finance class, and we have to do a group presentation and I am trying to convince my group to do the project on the fabulous world of international accounting standards. Sounds exciting, right?!
So, speaking of exciting, I finally started planning trips to take while we're in Europe. Tomorrow I'm going to Cadiz with the program. We're also going to Morocco and Cordoba with the program later on, and for my Finance class we are actually taking a day trip to Gibraltar one Friday, so that is really awesome too since I didn't go when I wanted to, and it's free! :-) Best price. We have a four day weekend coming up in October and tentatively we are planning on visiting a little town called Ronda that has one of the oldest bullrings in Spain, lol, and also hitting up Malaga that same weekend. But that's still in talks. For sure for sure, I am going to Granada with some chicas and chicos, Barcelona with tres chicas, and Paris with Danielle in December! I am really excited to start traveling around. I still really want to plan on going to Madrid, but we haven't worked out the details on that trip.
Today me and some girls are going to (finally) do the tourist thing and go see Real Alcazar and La Catedral/La Giralda to snap photos, and hopefully hit up the Plaza de Espana which is SOOOO pretty. I ran through this Parque de Maria Luisa the other day, which by the way is also the prettiest park I have seen - it looks like a little piece of paradise with all the greenery and flowers and and statues and fountains and gorgeous buildings that look like they could be home to some gods (but really are museums...). This park is HUGE and I love running there - it definitely beats out Lincoln Park! But anyway, as I was running I actually hit the Plaza de Espana and it was the first time I'd seen it and it was one of those "time stops and the heavens open up and the light shines down" moments when I saw it. Seriously, I stopped running and just stood and stared at it. It is SO pretty and I had no idea where it actually was located so it came out of nowhere for me. So I want to go and snap photos of that. Gave me goosebumps it was so amazing.
Last night was also a lot of fun. We danced until 3 in the morning at this discoteca called Buddah. It is super fancy in there - red, dim lighting and two rooms for dancing. It was packed. And people actually danced this time.
Anyway, I will post pictures from my excursion yesterday around the city and from today around all the tourist places soon.
Cheers,
Olivia
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment